Canadian Millennials - Health and Wellbeing
To find information on how millennials in Canada create and maintain their health and well-being goals and the challenges they face in respect to creating and maintaining their health and well-being goals.
- Health and wellness continues to evolve in Canada resulting in the creation of more demand for healthy products and services in food & beverages and in OTC.
- According to a survey of 1,000 Canadian adults, the top 3 actions taken by Canadians towards health and wellness are eating healthy - 82%, exercise - 73%, and visiting a medical professional - 65%. The next three actions taken are reducing/avoiding stress - 63%, taking vitamins/supplements - 60%, and taking prescription medicine - 59%.
- According to the above survey, millenials rated many of the actions higher than the other age segments including "researching health information, monitoring sleep habits, buying health insurance, and visiting a health and wellness professional."
- The most important products/services to the health and wellness of Canadians is food - 89%. Other notable products and services are health insurance - 69%, mattress and bedding - 68%, prescription medicine - 61%, and beverages - 52%.
- Millennials in Canada rated beverages and health & beauty products higher than other age segments.
- In Canada, a growing workforce of millennials comes with its own benefits agenda. These benefits include psychological counselling and health-tracking programs like weight-loss, smoking cessation, & blood pressure.
- Additionally, millennials want more flexibility in the health and wellness benefits on offer by employers i.e. 49% of millennials in Canada cited this in a recend survey.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
From our initial hour of research, we were able to determine that information on the health and wellness of Canadians is available in the public domain. Consequently, we recommend continuing with research to focus on identifying 8-10 insights into how Canadian millennials create and maintain their health and well-being goals.
Additionally, we also recommend conducting research to identify the challenges millennials face in creating and maintaining their health and well-being goals.