To understand the mindfulness space in terms of demographics, key players, and market size in order to help devise a market research survey
- Our research showed that the demographics most interested in mindfulness practice are well-educated. Given that those that are well-educated are also top earners, the demographic is also likely to be affluent.
- According to a peer-reviewed paper, "men were half as likely as women to engage in any practice, and lower engagement was found among non-Hispanic blacks and Hispanics."
- In addition, a similar study into the demographics and attitudes of meditators found that "meditators were more likely than nonmeditators to be middle-aged, white, female, college-educated, and living in the Western United States."
- "Meditators were more likely than nonmeditators to be middle-aged, white, female, college-educated, and living in the Western United States."
- About 9.3 million Americans meditate and the market is worth more than $1 billion.
- "The value of the meditation market is set to double from $1.2 billion in 2017 to $2 billion by 2022"
- More people in the US are moving towards mindfulness practice and the number of people practicing meditation in the US has tripled since 2012.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.