US Mining Industry
To locate the US mining industry market size, the equipment used in mining, and the fuel types used for mining in the US or North America.
US Mining Industry Market Size
- The US Mining market size in estimated to be $642.5 billion in 2020.
- In 2020, the market has an expected CAGR of 9.3%.
- The market growth from 2015-2020 was 7.6%.
- The market size of the Mining industry in the US increased faster than the economy overall.
US Mining Industry Profile
- The U.S. mining industry consists of the search for, extraction, beneficiation, and processing of naturally occurring solid minerals from the earth. These mined minerals include coal, metals such as iron, copper, or zinc, and industrial minerals such as potash, limestone, and other crushed rocks.
- An Australian case study identified diesel as the significant energy source for the mining industry. Although this is not the US, it is a start in the research process and is most likely the same for the US.
- The Kentucky Coal Education project provides a comprehensive listing of equipment used in the mining industry:
- Longwall machines
- Continuous miners
- Shuttle cars
- Underground Rail
- Ventilation fans
- Rock dusters
- Personnel vehicles
- Haul Trucks
- Highwall Miner
- Blasthole Drills
- conveyors, underground and overland
- coal sampling and testing laboratories
- coal preparation equipment
Results of Initial Research
- We were able to locate the market size and growth, along with a listing of the types of equipment used in mining.
- We were not able to verify the fuel types used in the US, but located an Australian study as a starting point to locate the US information.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.