To evaluate research on different games starting with the Mojang company in order to determine whether to add them to a games library.
- Mojang was founded by Markus “Notch” Persson in 2009 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The company was acquired by Microsoft on September 15, 2014 for $2.5 billion.
- Majong is an independent game developer with titles including Minecraft, Scrolls, and Cobalt.
- Mojang is most widely known for the game Minecraft.
- Minecraft was orginally known as the online game "Cave Game" and was released in 2009 for the PC.
- It is a sandbox game that requires players to explore the Minecraft world and gather resources in the form of lego-style blocks. These blocks can be used to build structures that will protect them from monsters that come out at night.
- Minecraft is popular with the modding community because players have the ability to design their own codes in the gameplay.
- In Survival Mode, resources are scarce requiring players to spend more time exploring the worlds to find the resources to build with.
- In Creative Mode, resources are unlimited so players can rely on their own creativity to build their structures rather than spending time searching for resources.
- The game is currently available on PC, Mobile, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows Phone, PS3, PS4, and PSV.
- Scrolls is an online collectible card playing game released by Mojang in 2015.
- In 2018, the name was changed to Caller's Bane.
- Gameplay involves players battling each other using their collection of magical "scrolls" in order to outmaneuver the opponent.
- Players build their card deck by trading with other players, winning games, or adding on booster packs.
- Cobalt was created by Oxeye Game Studio and published by Mojang.
- It is an action side-scrolling game in which players are involved in combat as individuals or teams.
- The game is available on Steam for Windows, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Proposed Next Steps
In order to determine which games should be added to a games library, we propose:
An indepth overview of each of the three games published by Mojang. This would cover how the game is played, game structure, game modes, costs, platforms, and player reviews. (3 hours, $75)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.