US Clothing Alterations Market
Determine the market size of the US clothing alterations industry in order to inform a market research report.
- The clothing alteration industry will make a revenue of $2 billion in 2019.
- There are about 72,700 clothing alteration businesses in the US.
- Between 2014 and 2019, the industry has registered an annual growth rate of 2.9%.
- The industry employs about 76,923 people.
- The industry is expected to have increased revenues between 2019 and 2023.
- California, Texas, and New York have the highest employment levels for tailors, dressmakers, and custom sewers.
- Tailors, dressmakers, and custom sewers that work for performing arts companies are the best paid in the industry.
- The types of businesses that employ the most tailors, dressmakers, and custom sewers, are clothing stores, clothing alteration services, and dry cleaning businesses.
- Air Tailor and ALTRD are two online startups in the clothing alteration industry.
- A standard price for a dress alteration is $20 per hour and tailoring a jacket can vary from $15 to $70, depending on the task.
- Startup costs for a clothing alteration business are typically under $2,000.
- This paid report from IBIS World on the clothing alteration services industry in the US may have more information.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.