Montessori Schools - Competitive Landscape
To provide a competitive landscape for the Montessori schools in the following areas: New Orleans, Charleston, and Austin. Provide the following details for each school: 1) the age range that it serves, 2) tuition costs, and 3) 1-2 consumer reviews of the school.
During this hour of research, we were able to provide a competitive analysis of University Montessori School and Audubon Charter School in New Orleans, as well as James Simons Elementary School and Montessori Community School in Charleston.
University Montessori School
- University Montessori School offers classes for pre-primary school children. It features a "Little Class" for children between 20 months and three years of age, as well as mixed-age "preschool, transitional, and kindergarten" classes. Students in these mixed classes are between ages three and six.
- Little Class costs for the 2019-2020 school year include a $50 application fee and a $185 registration fee. Tuition for half-day classes is $7,250, and full-day tuition is $12,050.
- Costs for children between ages three and six include the same $50 application fee and $185 registration fee. Tuition for half-day classes is $6,950, and full-day tuition is $11,900.
- University Montessori School has a 4-star rating on GreatSchools.org.
- The two latest reviews award the school 5 stars and say that it was a positive and enriching experience that better prepared their children for primary school.
Audubon Charter School
James Simons Elementary School
- James Simons Elementary School has classes for students from the pre-kindergarten level up to the 8th grade. Student ages range from three to 13.
- It is a public school and offers programs that include yoga, girls volleyball, and a running club. It has an arts program, a computer lab, and an after-school program called Kaleidoscope available for students ages three and up.
- James Simons Elementary has a score of 3/10 on GrealSchools.org, although reviews are generally positive.
- Recent reviews praise the school for its structural renovations and service to the local community.
Montessori Community School
- Montessori Community School is a public school that has classes for students from the pre-kindergarten level up the 8th grade.
- It has a score of 7/10 on GreatSchools.org with a 5-star rating.
- Reviews praise the school's teachers and the effect of the Montessori teaching method on their children's learning — both in terms of quality and enjoyment.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.