Moving to Atlanta: Motivations and Barriers
To understand the motivations and barriers to moving to Atlanta. This research would be used to understand Atlanta’s position as a whole, including the places where people want to live, work, and play within the city.
Motivations for Moving to Atlanta
- Early last year, "Penske recognized metro Atlanta as the top moving destination in the country". The city received this recognition for the ninth consecutive year.
- Atlanta's diverse and vibrant communities, numerous green spaces, and booming economy has inspired many Americans — from millennials to retirees — to move to the city.
- This city is described as "a digital mecca". It ranks "#4 among Venture Capitalists and is on pace to become the nation’s hottest startup scene."
- With low unemployment rates and the prospect of adding 1.5 million jobs by 2040, this city is a "sought-after destination for job seekers, especially millennials."
- Innovators of all ages can operate in the city without having to bother about unruly expenses and political red tape.
- Compared to large cities like Los Angeles and New York City, Atlanta has a reasonable and cheaper cost of living. The cost of home construction is also cheaper compared to other big US cities.
- A major reason for Atlanta's position as a top inbound city is the fact that the city appeals to both people and businesses. This unique mix illustrates the city's versatility.
- While individuals relocate in search of a certain lifestyle, companies of all sizes move to Atlanta in search of a specific business climate that is instrumental to their success.
- Additional details, including statistics, regarding the reasons why people are relocating to Atlanta, can be found here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Within the first hour, we have provided the motivations for moving to Atlanta. We recommend further research to provide 4-5 barriers to moving to Atlanta.
Also, we recommend further research to provide the following:
1) Five (5) of the top/main places where people want to LIVE within the city of Atlanta.
2) Five (5) of the top/main places where people want to WORK within the city of Atlanta.
3) Five (5) of the top/main places where people want to PLAY or have fun within the city of Atlanta. [NB For each place identified, we would provide a description and explain the reasons why people prefer that location.]
As an alternative to the second proposal, we may provide a total of FIVE (5) of the top/main places where people want to live, work, and play in Atlanta. We would provide a mix of places, with at least 1 example of a place where people want to LIVE, at least 1 example of a place where people want to WORK, and at least 1 example of a place where people want to PLAY or have fun. [NB For each place identified, we would provide a description and explain the reasons why people prefer that location.]