Pop Music Audience
To provide the demographic (marital status, income level, gender, race, and education level) and psychographic profile (consumer's attitudes, hobbies, spending habits, and values towards pop-music) for the average pop music consumer.
- Pop music is the most popular genre globally. IFPR in 2018 reported that 64% of music consumers listen to pop music.
- Pop music is most preferred among the following age range: 52% of people aged 16-19, 54% of people aged 20-24, and 56% of people aged 25-34.
Pop Music Audience Demographic Profile
- Gender: Although the genre was created for both genders, most pop music listeners are female.
- Age: The target of pop music is usually the young generation, typically 16-25. In another report by Prezi.com, the target age range is 16-21.
- Social Class: The social class of pop music listeners are students that are lower (C2DE).
- Interests: Their interests include partying, using social media, and listening to new pop songs.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As this research focused on the demographic profile of pop music listeners, we recommend further research on the psychographic profile of the required audience. We will focus on the consumer's attitudes, hobbies, spending habits, and values towards pop-music.
This research focused on demographic data that was available in our one hour of research, these include age, gender, social class, and interests. We recommend further research on the demographic profile of pop music listeners, including consumer's marital status, income level, race, geography, and education level.