Initial searches indicate that there is revenue information for the first three companies profiled. It turns out that not all brands listed produce an annual report. In this regard, we have had to rely on publicly available sources that indicate the revenues for those companies during those specific years. (2018, 2019, and 2020)
Year-Over-Year Revenue Growth
The YoY revenue growth formula = (this year revenue — last year revenue)/ last year revenue
- YouTube has not published an annual report providing YoY revenue growth figures. Thus, its YoY revenue growth has been calculated using revenue information provided by Statista and the formula above.
- The findings are provided below
- 2019 YoY = (15.149-11.155)/11.155 x 100% = 35.80%
- 2020 YoY = (19.772-15.149)/15.149 x 100% = 30.52%
- For Microsoft, its 2020 annual report featured a comprehensive review of past revenues, including the change in revenue over the years.
- For Headspace, two reports by Sensor Tower provided the YoY revenue growth following reviews of the top meditation apps of 2019 and 2020.
Summary of Findings
- The initial hour of research has uncovered YoY revenue growth figures for 2019 and 2020 for three companies, namely, Microsoft, Headspace, and YouTube. The values included in the attached spreadsheet are derived from publicly available reports, including Statista for YouTube revenues and Sensor Tower for Headspace revenue.
- To complete the attached spreadsheet with more revenue growth (YoY) figures, we recommend additional research and provide those findings in the attached spreadsheet.
- Details of our proposed next steps are included in the proposals below. Please choose one or more proposals from those provided.