Usage Statistics on Select Social Media Platforms in the U.S.
To provide usage statistics on select social media platforms for select ages in the U.S., specifically: percentage of 25-34 year olds on YouTube and Instagram; percentage of 35-44 year olds on Facebook and Pinterest; and percentage of 45+ year olds on Facebook and Google. To also provide the average time spent by 45+ year olds on the internet. This information will be used in informing an RFP.
Usage of Select Media for Select Age Brackets in the U.S.
U.S. YouTube Usage: 25-34 Year Olds
- YouTube has a usage of 95% in the 25-34 age group in the U.S.
- As of the 3rd quarter of 2019, 71% of internet users aged 26-35 in the U.S. used YouTube.
- According to Pew Research 93% of 25-29 year olds, and 87% of 30-49 year olds in the U.S. use YouTube.
U.S. InstagramUsage: 25-34 Year Olds
- From a Pew Research study, 57% of 25-29 year olds, and 47% of 30–49 year olds in the U.S. use Instagram.
U.S. Pinterest Usage: 35-44 Year Olds
U.S. Facebook Usage: 35-44 Year Olds
- According to Pew Research, 79% of 30-49 year olds in the U.S. use Facebook.
- 35 to 44 year olds account for 18.9% of Facebook users in the U.S.
U.S. Facebook Usage: 45+ Year Olds
- From Pew Research, 79% of 30-49 year olds, 68% of 50–64 year olds, and 46% of 65+ year olds use Facebook in the U.S.
Internet Usage in the U.S.: 45+ Year Olds
- From Pew Research, 97% of 30 to 49 year olds, 88% of 50 to 64 year olds, and 73% of 65+ year olds in the U.S. use the internet
Summary of Findings
In this first hour of research, we were able to find some of the requested statistics on usage of social media platforms in the U.S. by age. In some of the instances, the available information was not provided in the age bracket requested. We propose continuing with the research to provide the requested information on Google usage, as well as insights on the average spent on the Internet by Americans aged 45 years and above.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.