National Council on Aging: Overview
To obtain information on the history, offerings for both consumers and partners, press, any notable accomplishments of National Council on Aging.
- PR Newswire has reported that the National Council on Aging (NCOA) and The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) had formed a partnership to offer life-changing benefits to Latino seniors and adults with disabilities in the United States. The partnership will provide assistance to Latinos related to benefit programs such as Medicare Part D Extra Help/Low-Income Subsidy and Medicare Savings.
- Another session of the Aging Mastery Program was held in March 2020 at the New Milford Senior Center. The program was created by the NCOA and sponsored by the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation to "empower older adults with the knowledge to make important decisions that will allow them to age well."
- The New York Times states that the NCOA website offers suggestions on managing money, an economic checkup tool, and other features that help maximize public health, nutrition and housing benefits.
- The Street also recommends the NCOA as a fantastic source of financial information for seniors. Forbes states that the NCOA has a useful, free guide to benefits for older Americans.
- The Breeze has reported that NCOA has obtained the services of Spencer Stuart, a global executive search and leadership advisory firm, to recruit its next President and CEO. This is after the announcement of current President and CEO James Firman who will retire after 25 years of service.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.