Home Health Agency Records
To find case studies on how home health care agencies store patient records and disseminate them.
- The required retention period for home health agencies is five years from the month the cost report is filed with the intermediary, unless local regulations stipulate longer.
- Patient records should "contain
documentation needed to properly identify the patient and verify appropriate care rendered."
- Furthermore, patients who are transferred must have their records supplied within 2 working days.
- Patient records must be kept confidential, only accessible by authorized persons.
- Electronic signatures must be authenticated and secure.
- Patient records should be destroyed after 10 years.
- Several platforms offer medical and non-medical options for patient record-keeping for home health agencies. MatrixCare fully manages patient records between carers and clinicians. AxisCare and AlayaCare help manage non-medical care given to home-based patients.
- AlayaCare offers some case studies on its website, here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.