To identify initiatives being undertaken by key players in the health insurance, health system and health care retailer spaces in the U.S. related to COVID-19.
- The top 5 key players in the health insurance market in the U.S. are UnitedHealth, Kaiser, Anthem, Humana, and CVS.
- The top 5 health care systems in the U.S. are Avera Health, Mayo Foundation, Mercy, St. Luke's and UCHealth.
- A list of top health care retailers could not be found in our research. However, Amazon, Walmart, Kroger, Walgreens and GNC are all referred to as key players in articles about retail health product sales.
- UnitedHealthcare is waiving out-of-pocket patient costs for COVID-19 testing for those they insure through commercial insurance policies, Medicaid and Medicare. The waiver applies to co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles.
- They are also providing emotional support for people experiencing anxiety or stress related to the outbreak via their OptumCare Emotional Support Hotline.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.