State Business Development Claims
To identify state business development departments similar to Empire State Development, and understand each states’ business development competitive positioning as compared to other states.
- As noted, Michigan is vying to be known for its “diverse and abundant workforce, business-friendly environment, low cost of living and global supply chain assets.”
- The California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development offers business owners core values focused on collaboration and results (among others), as well as an array of resources that include “site selection, permit assistance, regulatory guidance, small business assistance, international trade development, assistance with state government, and much more.”
- The New Jersey Department of State Business Development office has a “Why NJ?” link that was not functioning. However, a scan of the site shows that the site values small business development, tourism, motor picture/television, and export.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development notes that businesses have access to markets, ports, colleges/universities, industry, and infrastructure logistics. Key industries include natural gas, manufacturing, agribusiness, tourism, life sciences, and plastics.
- The Virginia Economic Development Partnership notes that the state is of value to new business because of its talent, livability, location and infrastructure, and business climate.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
*Here is the spreadsheet link should you prefer to place SWOT content in a spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.