Goop Consumer Profiling
To provide the demographics and psychographics of Goop's consumer base/following. Goop is this company.
- Analysis of Goop's website via SimilarWeb found that 62.12% of visitors are from the U.S., 6.49% are from the U.K., 6.22% are from Canada, 3.05% are from Australia, and 1.58% are from Germany. All other countries then have a lower percentage share of visitors.
- 26.70% of visitors are male, and 73.30% are female.
- The largest age group visiting the Goop website are 25-34 year-olds (33.87%). Likewise, the 18-24 age group has a share of 20.18%, with 19.74% for the 35-44 age group, 12.30% for the 45-54 age group, 8.30% for the 55-64 age group, and 4.98% for the 65+ age group.
- According to an interview given by Gwenyth Paltrow, Goop's target audience is primarily the affluent demographic. Most are women, with a median age of 34. About 50% are married, 50% have children, and most are educated with a household income around $100,000.
- Visitors to the Goop official website have the following interests, according to website analytics from SimilarWeb: lifestyle, fashion, apparel, news and media, beauty and cosmetics, cooking and recipes, food and drink, computers and technology, U.S. news, women, education, home, entertainment, clothes, magazines, science, health, blogs, style, shopping, designers, books, nutrition, travel, finance, and music.
- Visitors coming to the Goop website are visiting from the following social channels: Facebook (30.99%), Pinterest (24.77%), YouTube (11.65%), Reddit (9.34%), and Twitter (9.21%).
Results of Early Findings
- A sufficient amount of data was collected from reliable sources regarding the demographics of Goop's following.
- Direct data pertaining to the psychographics of Goops following appears to be severely limited.
- It is possible to instead build a psychographic profile of Goop's main audience demographic: affluent, female, millennials. In doing so, a psychographic profile can be built across each of these three silos. The psychographic profiles can look at the following: habits, hobbies, shopping behaviors, media consumption, and values/attitudes.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.