US Tennis Enthusiasts
To obtain the demographic and psychographic profile of a typical tennis enthusiast (defined as someone who plays 15 or more times a year) in the United States. This research would be used to craft messaging and creative executions that will truly resonate with this audience.
- According to the recently published 2019 State of Play report, 4.3% of kids aged 6 to 12 years play tennis regularly.
- The United States Tennis Association reports that overall youth participation in tennis increased to 4.64 million in 2018, representing 1.6% rise from 2017.
- Also, youth 'core players' (i.e. those who play 10 or more times year) increased by 6.7% to 2.83 million in 2018.
- According to Jolyn de Boer, TIA Executive Director, "core players buy nearly 90 percent of all tennis gear."
- Statista reports that over 18 million people were playing tennis in the United States as of 2016.
- As of 2007, SquareHitTennis reported that out of the 11 million people who played tennis regularly in the United States, the majority (6 million) were male, while 5 million were female.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.