Exceptional Customer Experience (CX): Finance Industry - United States
To have some examples of finance companies that are providing exceptional customer experiences . An ideal response would include at least five examples of companies in the finance sector who are providing an amazing customer experience to their customers.
- We were not provided a geographic focus for this project, so we assumed a broad approach and looked globally. If a more targeted approach is desired, for example, the United States, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- There has been a decided shift in the financial services' industry surrounding customer experience. Consumers are demanding personalization, real-time interactions, great customer service, and outstanding customer support, and now they expect a digital experience to match it. "Oracle recently reported that 86% of consumers say they want to make payments and transfers through digital channels while 60% said they want to open a bank account online. Further, according to Forrester, 69% of US consumers shop more with brands that offer a consistent experience both in-store and online."
- According to this 2019 Forbes source, ten finance companies that are extremely consumer-focused are Citizens, Ally Bank, Navy Federal Credit Union, Huntington National Bank, Charles Schwab, Edward Jones, Discover, Capital One, ING, and Chase.
- People look for brands that share common core values and principles. Those values and principles often come with special needs.
The Voya Care program connects clients with specially trained advisers who understand the physical, emotional, and financial needs that come with caring for a family member with special needs.
Voya adviser Joan Tucker-White, who has a son with Asperger’s Syndrome, walks clients through the journey of finding community resources, support groups, available benefits to help overcome the overwhelming obstacles in a holistic manner.
- According to Nancy Ferrara, Executive Vice President of Operations and Continuous Improvement (CI) at Voya Financial Inc, "[h]ow we support and service our customers is paramount. We consider it our core responsibility as a financial services firm to behave ethically, operate with full transparency and protect customer information with the highest integrity. Additionally, cybersecurity is an important part of how the company delivers on our commitment to help customers secure their financial future. Voya continuously strives to improve the technology, processes, and people on anticipating emerging threats and staying ahead of them. An example of this has been our outstanding progress on phishing awareness with our employees, which has dramatically improved in the last few years." She continued by asserting "...everything we do is viewed through the lens of the customer. We believe that it is everyone’s job to innovate and, in doing so, approach every task by asking the question, “How are we enhancing the ease of doing business with Voya?”
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- As discussed at the top of this document, we were not provided a geographic focus for this project, so we assumed a broad approach and looked globally. If a more targeted approach is desired, for example, the United States, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- Our initial hour of research was spent ensuring that the questions could be answered in the public domain, and then providing relevant and salient pieces of information, as well as two mini and abbreviated case studies of two financial companies that provide an exceptional customer experience. One was from the United States (Voya) and the other was from the UK (Metro Bank). We feel this sets the table for future research.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.