Gambling Licenses in USA & Europe
To determine which companies or groups hold gambling licenses in the USA and Europe and have the ability for sports betting to discuss strategic partenrships.
- A 2018 deal announcement from MGM, about a 25-year joint venture with GVC (British) to provide online casino, poker, and sports betting.
The following 8 companies are comparable to GVC Holdings PLC: British companies- Bet365, PaddyPower Betfair, 888 Holdings, Jackpotjoy (owner of Intertain), and William Hill; Canadian company- The Stars Group (incl Sky Betting and Gaming); Swedish companies- Kindred Group, Betsson.
- The following is a list of companies that provide software and technology support to the betting industry: Kambi- Swedish, SportRadar — Norwegian/Swiss, IGT — Italian, SBTech — Isle of Man, BetGenius –British, Mionmi– British/international, CG Technologies – USA, and Scientific Games — USA.
- GVC is licensed to operate in the New Jersey online market through its subsidiary bwin.party, owner of PartyPoker. The Stars Group, owner of PokerStars, the world’s largest real-money poker platform. PokerStars is also licensed in New Jersey for online betting. Paddy Power Betfair, another firm approved for New Jersey’s rapidly growing online betting industry.
- The 22-window sportsbook at Monmouth Park is run by William Hill, the UK bookmaker with a presence in the US since it bought a Las Vegas counterpart for $50m in 2012.
- FanDuel, bought by Flutter, and DraftKings have both launched full-scale sports betting websites and apps in New Jersey. Flutter announced a £10bn deal with Stars Group that would, if allowed by regulators, create the world’s largest online gaming company- owning two of the strongest brands in the US market.
- William Hill made a deal with casino group El Dorado, with access to 15 states. GVC, owner of Ladbrokes Coral, and Stars Group, the Canadian owner of SkyBet, have also done deals with casino giant MGM and media company FoxSports to enter the US market.
- Bet365 launched a beta version of its app in New Jersey. Resorts Casino is associated with ResortsCasino, BetStars, and DraftKings, which has the second largest share of sports betting revenues in New Jersey.
- US companies with licensing in Europe: New Meadowlands Racetrack is associated with FanDuel and PointsBet; Monmouth Park is associated with WilliamHill, SugarHouse Casino, and the Score Bet; Bally's AC is associated with 888 Sports and CeasarsCasino; Tropicana Hill and Ocean Resort are associated with William Hill; Hard Rock Casino and Bet365 are associated with Hard Rock; Golden Nugget Casino and Bet America are associated with Golden Nugget (acquired by Landcadia Holdings II, Inc June 2020); Borgata Sports and Roar Digital are associated with Borgata; and Harrah's AC revenue is on-site only with online licensing in US and Europe through Cesears Entertainment Corp.
- Ladbrokes Coral (British betting and gambling company), based in London, was previously owned the Hilton Hotel brand outside the United States known as Hilton Group Plc. In November 2016, Ladbrokes acquired Gala Coral Group, and changed its name.
- 10 Largest gaming and online companies in US (licensed): Churchill Downs Inc- Kambi Group plc holds licensing in Europe, Inc; Roundhill Sports Betting & iGaming ETF- Roundhill Investments in Europe; Penn National Gaming Inc- Barstool Sports (America only); Landcadia Holdings, Inc- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (US only); Market Vectors Gaming ETF- VanEck Vectors Video Gaming and eSports UCITS ETF in Europe.; DraftKings, Inc- US and Eruopean market; Boyd Gaming Corp- US and European market; MGM Resorts International- GVC Holdings Plc; Newgioco Group, Inc- US and European market; GAN Limited-dual listing in US and European market.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.