Electrical Engineering Consultants
To compile a list of the top 5 electrical engineering consultants. The consultant would be advising on a project that involves long distance data transmission (5+ miles) and therefore must have prior experience in one of the following areas: fiber optics design, high power transmission lines design, long distance data transfer cable design, or similar
. Ideally, the cost to hire the consultant should be no higher than $120 per hour. Individuals near San Francisco should be prioritized, but this is not required. For each consultant, the following information should be provided:
- Contact information.
- Examples of past work.
*Consultants can be individuals or consulting firms.
Burns & McDonnell
- This company has been in business since 1898 and provides electrical engineering consulting services.
- They have a branch in San Francisco.
- Their key areas of expertise include power transmission and distribution.
- The company has extensive experience working with the telecom and power industries.
- The company was highlighted in EC&M magazine (a leading online resource for the electrical design industry) as one of the top 40 electrical design firms in the United States.
- This company has a contact form on their website.
- This company worked on designing a fiber optics construction package for Portland General Electric.
- This company does not have any pricing information publicly available for their electrical engineering consulting services.
- This company has an A+ rating with the BBB has not received any consumer complaints.
- Burns & McDonnell's Facebook page has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars out of nearly 150 reviews. Positive comments about this company include that the company focuses on safety, quality, giving back to the community, hospitable, state-of-the-art, and also seems to have a lot of employees who are enthusiastic about working for the company.
Results of Early Findings:
- Initial research into this topic was able to identify one top electrical engineering consultancy.
- Many of the top most players in this arena are consulting firms rather than specific individuals.
- It has been noted that pricing information is often not available for consulting firms.
- Per hour rates are more commonly available for freelance consultants, however, there is also much less publicly available information available about these individuals, such reviews from their clients, etc.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.