US Lawn Care Industry
To get information about the lawn care industry in the US, including the follwing info points:
- Who are the main players are in the industry?
- What their typical business models look like (franchise based vs. company-owned)
- What kind of industry growth forecasted?
- Have there been any disruptors in the sector?
- How do they typically acquire customers?
- Do they have any loyalty program? If they do, how do they work?
Our first round of research unveiled the following information:
- "Lawn care is a segment under the landscaping services industry; the industry consists of other service types such as landscape maintenance, lawn care (including chemical application), landscape design and construction, tree-planting, and irrigation services to both residential and commercial properties."
- "It is estimated that in 2019, the industry generated combined total revenue of just over 99 billion US dollars, with an average spend of $503 household on lawn care and gardening activities."
- The top players in the industry in order of revenue earned in 2018, BrightView earned $2.35 billion in annual revenue, followed by True GreenCos with a total of $1.37 billion, out of which $1.12 billion was generated from the lawn care (chemical) segment. Davey Tree Expert Company generated a total of $1 billion, and the annual revenue of Bartlett Tree Experts amounted to $297 million.
- According to Statista, lawn maintenance is the fastest-growing segment of the industry.
- Lawn and Landscape (Market Leadership) recently profiled a list of top 100 companies in the lawn and landscape segment (on the basis of revenue earned in 2018); the top ten names on the list included BrightView, TruGreen Cos., The Davey Tree Expert Company, Bartlett Tree Experts, Yellowstone Landscape, Gothic Landscape, Aspen Grove Landscape Group, Ruppert Landscape, Park West Companies, and LandCare.
- ResearchAndMarkets's recent report on the US landscaping industry revealed that BrightView Holdings, Gothic Landscape, Aspen Grove Landscape Group, Park West Companies, and Yellowstone Group are the top players of the industry.
- "The market size of the Landscaping Services industry in the US has grown 3.8% per year on average between 2015 and 2020."
Summary of Findings
- Our background research was only able to provide ground-level information about the market. We were also able to ascertain that recent information specific to the lawn care market is unavailable, and so we propose further research on the entire landscaping market, which includes lawn care as a business segment. We have utilized Statista to provide information about the annual revenue of the market and have included screenshots of the Statista findings in the attached Google document.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.