CT Aerospace Activities/Events
The goal is to find activities and events related to aerospace in Connecticut in the spring and summer of 2020.
- The first KH-9 Hexagon spy satellite, built in Connecticut, was launched in 1971 and helped gather intelligence during the Cold War.
- The Sikorsky S-70 Blackhawk, build in Connecticut, took it's first flight in 1974.
- The Hubble Telescope Optics Lens for the space telescope was built in Danbury in 1981.
- Spartan Aerospace is located in Manchester, CT and builds aircraft parts.
- Jonal Laboratories is located in Meridian, CT and builds rubber and metal parts for the aviation and aerospace industries.
- Connecticut Coining is located in Bethel, CT and creates deep-drawn metal parts for the aerospace industry.
- The New England Air Museum is located in Windsor Locks, CT and has exhibits on current and historical aviation ventures, as well as aerospace.
- The New England Air Museum is hosting a Space Expo on April 4, 2020. The event features famed scientists, aerospace artifacts and crafts, and flight simulators.
- The Connecticut Air and Space Center is located in Stratford, CT and has many displays of aerospace crafts, aircrafts, and vehicles.
- We did not find any events or activities related to aerospace, besides the one listed above, in the spring or summer 2020 in Connecticut.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.