CT Black History Month
The goal is to find events, restaurants, and activities related to Black History Month in Connecticut in February 2020.
- The National Association of Social Workers will put on a one-woman musical show called A Journey in honor of Black History Month. The event takes place on February 1, 2020 at 9:30am at Quinnipiac University in North Haven, CT.
- Southern Connecticut State University will have special displays for Black History Month starting on February 6, 2020.
- UCONN is hosting the Black History 365 Campaign, which features "keynote speakers and artistic expressions". The event takes place on February 4, 2020 at 5:30pm in Hartford, CT.
- The Visual Literacy Exhibition for Black History Month offers a variety of African American vendors showing off their handmade items and services. It takes place on February 26, 2020 at 6:00pm at the Stetson Branch Library in New Haven, CT.
- The Union Baptist Church of Stamford is putting on a Black History Month celebration concert that features Alicia Hall Moran. The concert takes place on February 16, 2020 at 4:00pm in Stamford, CT.
- Junior Mack is putting on a concert in honor of Black History Month on February 12, 2020 at 7:30pm. The event will be held at the Donald L. Oat Theater at Norwich Arts Center in Norwich, CT.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
While it may be too early for restaurants and other places to publish their Black History Month offerings/activities, we found a few and recommend continuing with finding 5-7 additional activities. For each, we will provide what it is, where it is, what takes place at the activity, and the cost to attend.
Alternatively, we can provide an overview of 7-10 activities/offerings that occurred in 2019 for Black History Month in Connecticut. This may give an idea of what type of events may be available this year that may not have published their information yet. For each, we will include when it took place, where it took place, and what it was. We will prioritize looking for events at hotels and restaurants, as these are likely to be published closer to the month of February.