To identify companies that offer both transitional housing and drug treatment facilities in Skagit and/or Snohomish Counties in Washington State. This information will be used to prepare a business plan for a client and will serve to assess local competition.
- This source provides 10 transitional houses in Everett, the county seat of Snohomish County. Of these 10 houses, 9 are Oxford Houses and also focus on drug and alcohol recovery. Housing Hope also offers transitional housing but does not mention that it offers drug rehabilitation services.
- Oxford Houses are "democratically run, self-supporting and drug-free homes. ... Each House represents a remarkably effective and low-cost method of preventing relapse." It is a non-profit organization. The men and women who live in these houses pay the cost to maintain the house and the umbrella organization starts new houses and keeps them "on track through utilization of trained outreach workers, publications, monitoring, organization of chapters and state associations, workshops and the annual national convention."
- The Oxford House umbrella organization receives a substantial portion of its funds from State awards and federal funds but does not state specifically which funds are addressed in its financial statements.
- Mount Vernon is the county seat of Skagit County. Six transitional houses are mentioned for this area of which 5 are Oxford Houses and one is a Lazurus House, which is a "transitional housing program that is designed to provide structured housing while people are in a fragile stage of their recovery process."
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding information on transitional housing that also provides drug rehabilitation services in the 2 counties mentioned
- Most of the transitional houses we found were Oxford Houses. One was a Lazarus House for which we were unable to find a website.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.