The goal is to determine the sentiment and demographic of Steamboat Springs visitors, the city's marketing tactics, and popular tourist attractions in the area.
- Some of the most reviewed attractions in Steamboat Springs on Trip Advisor include Fish Creek Falls, Steamboat Ski Resort, Strawberry Park Hot Springs, and Yampa River Botanic Park.
- Fish Creek Falls is a hike that has varying stopping points allowing it to be a short or long hike. It has 2,035 reviews on Trip Advisor and has 4.5 stars.
- Steamboat Ski Resort is a year-round ski resort that offers 165 trails, hiking biking, and other activities. It has 1,682 reviews and 4.5 stars.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs is a year-round hot springs resort that features 104 degree mineral pools. It has 2,198 reviews and 4.5 stars.
- Yampa River Botanic Park is a free botanical garden that offers event rentals, hiking trails, and is open for three seasons per year. It has 656 reviews and has 4.5 stars.
- In 2016, Steamboat Springs saw about $22.4 million in lodging revenue.
- In 2016, 40% of visitors came from in-state. 6.4% of visitors were from Texas, 3.8% were from Florida, and 2.8% were from Utah.
- More females than males visited Steamboat Springs in 2016.
- The average age of 2016 tourists was 52.8.
While we found some great popular attractions, based on reviews, in Steamboat Springs, we were unable to find a consensus on how tourists feel about the town as a whole. The only guides on the town as a whole were simply single writer's opinions. This could be because people tend to review specific attractions instead of a whole town. Additionally, the most recent tourist demographic information we found was from 2016, but it did contain a lot of useful statistics.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.