To find or estimate the number of construction companies globally, in the United States, and Europe. To find the number of construction companies build in BIM globally, in the United States, and Europe. To find the annual number of projects the top 400 construction companies in the United States start building a year.
Number of Construction Companies
- According to The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), there are more than 680,000 employers with over 7 million employees in the construction industry. While there is no evidence regarding the exact year of this figure, another report stated that there are over 700,000 construction companies in 2016.
- According to Eurostat, the total number of construction companies in Europe was 3.28 million in 2016.
- In 2012, there were 3.2 million construction companies registered in Europe.
BIM Usage Statistics: the United States
Top Construction Companies: Globally
Top Construction Companies: the United States
- Here is a list of the top 400 contractors in the United States.
- As a group, those companies "generated a new record of $405 billion in contracting revenue in 2018, a significant increase of 8.3% from the 2017 total of $373.98 billion. Contracting revenue from U.S. projects rose a healthy 9.1%, to $369.15 billion, over last year’s mark of $338.43 billion."
- According to the list, the top 10 construction companies in the United States for 2019 are Bechtel, Fluor Corp., Turner Corp., AECOM, The Whiting-Turner Contracting co., Kiewit Corp., Skanska USA, PCL Construction Enterprises Inc., McDermott, and DPR Construction.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.