Series A Funding Skincare Startups
To understand how much funding newer skincare companies (those that have emerged in the past 5 years) such a Glossier, Oar + Alps, HeyDay received during their series A. The information will help guide the amount of funding needed for a new skincare startup seeking their series A funding.
- Glossier was founded in 2014 and has received $8.39 million in Series A funding. The company provides skincare, makeup, body care, and fragrance products.
- Oar + Alps was founded in 2015 and has raised $1.3 million in Seed funding and $500,000 in early VC funding. The company provides deodorants and skincare products for the face and body all made from natural products.
- HeyDay was founded in 2015 and raised $8 million in Series A funding. The company provides cleansers, toners, exfoliants, serums and oils, moisturizers, masks, and other products for the body and face.
- True Botanicals was founded in 2016 and has raised $8 million in Series A funding. The company provides cleansers, mists & toners, face oils, serums & treatments and other face and body skincare products.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding series A funding information for Glossier, Oar + Alps and HeyDay as well as other skincare startups that have received series A funding.
- It was possible to find information for the three companies mentioned and identify another company that fit the profile.
- Most skincare startups we came across were founded after 2015, such as Herbivore Botanicals which was founded in 2011 and raised $15 million in Series A funding.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.