While the NAICS database lists the total number of water softener companies in the US as a whole, we were not able to find a specific breakdown by state. In fact, it appears that the industry is relatively small, which might lead to less interest in analyzing it.
- According the SEC, there are 2,467 companies offering water softener services in the US.
- The global water softener market was valued at $7.16 billion in 2017 and is estimated to reach $10.9 billion in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.38%.
- One of the leading growth drivers is the increasing awareness towards the health hazards caused by hard water across the globe.
- Asia Pacific holds the biggest share of the global market and is expected to account for roughly 50% of the global water softener services industry in 2025.
- Europe is also poised to grow at a fast-pace, registering a CAGR of over 6% between 2017 and 2025.
- North America is also anticipated to register a significant growth over the forecast period due to the rising demand for water softeners from its industrial and commercial sectors.
- Unfortunately, we were not able to find the specific size of the North American or US market as specific shares were not provided nor were we able to estimate it by finding the total number of companies globally.
- Some of the biggest global water softener market leaders are Honeywell International, 3M, Whirlpool, Watts Technologies, Morton Salt, Pentair, BWT AG, Culligan International, Fleck Systems, GE Appliances, NuvoH20, Watercare Softeners, Kinetico UK, AO Smith, and EcoWater Systems.