US Bakery Industry
To understand the bread and pastry baking industry in the US, including an overview of the category and 2-3 key players in the industry.
During our preliminary research, we were unable to differentiate the bread and pastry baking industry in the US from the overall bakery industry in the country. Because of this, we focused our research on the overall bakery industry in the US. For the industry, we were able to determine the bakery segments by share of revenue, the number of bakeries in the US, market size, growth predictions, product segments by share of revenue, and 3 key players in the industry. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- The US bakery industry makes up 2.1% of the US' gross domestic product.
- Of the bakeries in this industry, 91% are commercial bakeries, while only 9% are retail bakeries.
Number of Bakeries Market Size
- In the US, there are roughly 3,000 independent bakeries.
- 65% of these bakeries have 10 employees or less.
- On the other hand, there are around 6,000 retail bakeries in the country.
- The independent bakeries in the country bring in about $30 million in annual revenue.
- The retail bakeries in the US, on the other hand, bring in around $3 billion in annual revenue.
- The 50 biggest retail bakeries make up 75% of that revenue.
- The baked goods market in the US is expected to only see a CAGR of 1% each year for the next decade.
- However, the bread production industry in the country has seen an increase in exports by 7.2% with over $1 billion in revenue.
- Of the revenue produced by the US bakery industry, bread makes up 32% of that revenue.
- This is followed by rolls (19%), frozen cakes (15%), retail bakery products (10%), soft cakes (8%), and pies (2%).
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.