Insurance Companies in the US and UK
To understand who the leaders are who are of the insurance industry in the US and in the UK as well as the most innovative insurance companies. This information will be used for an internal presentation.
Top Insurance Companies in the US
Top Insurance Companies in the UK
Innovative Insurance Startups in the UK
- According to the Board of Innovation, the most innovative insurance startups in the UK are Zego, Flock, Flood Flash, and Bought By Many.
- Zego is based in London and "provides flexible insurance for both businesses and professionals. They use real-time data to ensure their users are only insured for the hours they require."
- Flock provides a "big-data driven risk intelligence platform for drones." Its insurance is on-demand and kicks in when its clients are flying their drones.
- FloodFlash provides flood insurance. "Customers receive a pre-agreed settlement as soon as a sensor detects that waters have exceeded a critical depth."
- Bought By Many is based in London and "groups customers with specific insurance needs and offers them tailored products based on how many members they have in each group."
Innovative Insurance Startups in the US
- According to the Board of Innovation, the most innovative insurance startups in the US are Inshur and Zeguro.
- INSHUR is based in New York and "is a fully digital insurance platform for commercial and ride-share drivers, owners, and fleets." Its clients can manage their insurance life cycles from their smartphones.
- Zeguro is based in San Francisco and "is a cyber-insurance startup that helps small businesses mitigate their cyber risks. They continuously scan their clients’ digital assets to identify potential cyber weaknesses."
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding the leaders in the insurance industry in the US and the UK and innovative insurance companies.
- Above the top insurance companies were listed as we assumed that the top insurance companies would also be the leaders in this industry.
- Most innovative insurance companies was a bit subjective and based on the opinion of those listing the insurance companies. The list that was chosen focused on startups that were offering interesting solutions to address pain points in the industry.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.