Fruit Smoothie Preferences
Guide the decision on the type of fruit smoothie to be introduced in grocery stores via analyzing consumers' reasons behind fruit smoothie purchase and their desired benefits. The research should provide a perspective on the new fruit smoothie products being introduced in the marketplace, as well as any sales data on the most popular fruit smoothie type.
- The global smoothie market is expected to have a CAGR of 9% from 2020-2024.
- While over 42% of the market for smoothies is in North America, growth there will be slower than in the APAC, MEA, and South America regions.
- Fruit-based smoothies will continue to dominate the market (vs. dairy-based smoothies), as they provide vitamins and minerals while still being accessible to the lactose intolerant market. They are also expected to continue being the fastest-growing segment.
- The top trends in 2019 included the continuing popularity of organic, gluten-free, and customization, which reflect wider food trends; an increasing interest in "smoothie as food", meaning looking at it as a meal replacement, as a smoothie bowl, and incorporating non-fruit items and tastes things like spices, herbs, or vegetables; and an increasing interest in "smoothies+" as seen in the rise of adult smoothies (with alcohol added) or smoothies with boosters and super foods that promise to increase consumer immunity and health.
- The top 10 smoothie companies in 2019 were Bolthouse Farms, the Jamba Juice company, the MTY Food Company (which owns Planet Smoothie, Maui Wowi Hawaiian, Cold Stone Creamery, Surf City Squeeze, and Yogen Fruz), Smoothie King, Tropical Smoothie Café, Dr. Smoothie Brands, Daily Harvest, HAPPY PLANET, Innocent Drinks, and Naked Juice. However, Jamba Juice, MTY Food Company brands, Smoothie King, Tropical Smoothie Café are standalone chains and are not found in the supermarket. Dr. Smoothie Brands is a B2B wholesaler and the Daily Harvest smoothies are part of their D2C meal delivery system. Bolthouse Farms, HAPPY PLANET, Innocent Drinks, and Naked Juice are sold in supermarkets.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.