To discover why people eat beans and why they buy them for a client pitch.
- Some people prefer plant based foods because they are better for the environment. It has less of a footprint when it comes to greenhouse gasses, and uses less land than meat based protein.
- Scientists have discovered that legumes were the most important dietary predictor of survival among the elderly, “regardless of their ethnicity,” they wrote.* For every 20-gram increase in daily legume intake (20 grams is about three-quarters of an ounce), “there is a 7 to 8% reduction in mortality hazard ratio.”
- They are a heart healthy alternative to meat.
- The American Diabetes Foundation calls beans a “diabetes superfood” for their vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Meanwhile, the Harvard Medical School notes that a cup of beans or lentils each day, when combined with a low-glycemic diet, helped lower blood sugar levels and coronary artery disease risk in patients with type 2 diabetes. “Legumes, because they pack a lot of protein, help dampen the blood sugar response, and lower blood pressure. And as a good source of fiber, beans can help lower cholesterol, too.”
- Research shows that eating beans and legumes four or more times a week versus less than once a week leads to a 22 percent lower risk of coronary heart disease.
- Beans and peas are more satiating than pork and veal-based meals. More satisfaction means less eating of nutrient deprived junk foods, which lead to weight gain.
- Beans are the perfect pantry staple. They are cheap, last for ages, and can be cooked into a million different dishes.
- This entertaining story tells about a man that only eats beans.
- Becoming a bean lover can help you lose weight. Beans and other pulses are an excellent addition to your diet if you are managing your weight. Both the protein and high soluble fiber content in beans can help curb your appetite and eliminate your tendency to overeat by making you feel full on fewer calories.
- USDA MyPlate guidelines count beans as both a vegetable and a plant-based protein source, you’ll begin to see how easy it is to put more beans in your diet.
- Black beans are three times cheaper than chicken, beef, or fish, and loaded with fiber, folate, potassium, and protein. Black beans can fill you up without draining your wallet, and now they're trendier than ever.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.