Real estate investment firms in the San Francisco Bay Area & Northern California
To identify active firms/investors allocating funds and resources in multi-family real estate within the San Francisco Bay Area & Northern California region. Also, identify emerging real estate companies that have been working on single projects in the past, and are now expanding to work on multiple projects. These emerging companies could provide a business opportunity for tailoring a fund-raising strategy for managing funds for multiple real estate development projects.
- Our preliminary research demonstrates that a growing number of high net worth and family office investors are flocking into value-add multifamily acquisitions. According to Real Capital Analytics, in 2018, the apartment sales have totaled $32 billion in transaction volume, representing around 16% of total U.S. apartment transactions.
- We narrowed down our focus to search for real estate investment and development companies in the San Francisco Bay area and Northern California. Companies such as Valiance Capital, Sack Properties, Essex Property Trust, Strada Investment Group, Rockwood, were prominently involved in the real estate business with a focus on opportunistic, value-add multi-family, ground-up construction and/or renovation.
- Valiance Capital, headquartered in Berkeley, CA, is a boutique real estate investment firm. The company focus on opportunistic, value-add multi-family, ground-up construction, and student housing properties throughout California, with a concentration in the Greater Bay Area. With a single-minded focus on achieving high risk-adjusted returns, they have engineered a vertically integrated approach to real estate investing through our family of companies: Valiance Capital, Bruno Construction, Inc., and The Berkeley Group. This synergy allows them efficiently capitalize on undervalued opportunities in rapidly expanding, supply-constrained markets with highly-educated and highly-paid populations. Ultimately, capital partners and stakeholders benefit from this exceptional efficiency, accelerating and amplifying their returns
- ESSEX’S BEGINNINGS GO BACK TO 1971, WHEN REAL ESTATE ENTREPRENEUR, GEORGE M. MARCUS FORMED ESSEX PROPERTY
CORPORATION. IN 1994, WITH A PORTFOLIO OF 16 MULTIFAMILY COMMUNITIES, THE COMPANY MADE ITS PUBLIC DEBUT AS
ESSEX PROPERTY TRUST, INC. (NYSE:ESS) - A FULLY INTEGRATED REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST (REIT) THAT ACQUIRES, DEVELOPS,
REDEVELOPS, AND MANAGES MULTIFAMILY APARTMENT COMMUNITIES LOCATED IN SUPPLY CONSTRAINED MARKETS. TODAY,
ESSEX’S PORTFOLIO HAS GROWN TO 126 APARTMENT COMMUNITIES, COMPRISED OF APPROXIMATELY 27,000 UNITS, WITH 505
UNITS IN VARIOUS STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT. THE PORTFOLIO IS CURRENTLY CONCENTRATED ALONG THE WEST COAST – SEATTLE
METROPOLITAN AREA, THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, AND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
- Strada is a vertically-integrated private real estate investment and development company, headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides business in real estate investment, development, and advisory services. Strada was founded in 2010, and over the years developed expertise in research, acquisitions, asset management, construction and development. Currently, it's real estate assets are more than one-billion dollars with top-tier institutional capital partners and more than two million square-feet in the development pipeline. For contact: STRADA INVESTMENT GROUP
, 101 Mission Street, Suite 420
, San Francisco, CA 94105; Phone: (415) 263-9151
- In September 2019, The Strada Investment Group (“Strada”) and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (“CalSTRS”), announced that they have entered into a new programmatic joint venture designating $300 million for multifamily development projects across the Western United States, particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area. The BlackRock Real Estate (“BlackRock”) is an advisor to CalSTRS on the venture. BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures as a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, with approximated $6.84 trillion in assets.
- Rockwood is a private real estate investment firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City. Since inception the firm has managed funds and separate accounts on behalf of over 130 institutional investors, including sovereign wealth funds, public and private pension funds, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and high-net-worth individuals. Rockwood and its principals have invested on behalf of their clients in approximately $32 billion of real estate through commingled funds and separate accounts.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.