Capital Market: Major Developments
Determine the major developments in the capital markets in 2019. The information will be used to understand the key trends in this market.
CAPITAL MARKET: MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS
- US investment sales volume for all types of properties reached $127 billion in the second quarter of 2019.
- This represents a 2.3% year-on-year increase.
- Multifamily and office properties are the primary contributors to the record-breaking investment volume growth.
- This growth was propelled by the need for properties in non-gateway locations such as Austin, Denver, and Nashville.
- Even if this solid sales volume failed to drive 1H19 volume levels above the 1H18 figures, the demand from investors is still unwavering and the complete 2019 volume is seen to end near this quarter's level.
- The national office rental growth rose to 3.5% year-over-year.
- This was propelled by a combination of the solid performance of primary and secondary locations such as Boston (8.6%), Portland (8%), and Oakland (6.1%).
- The industrial rental growth progresses at an almost record-breaking track for the whole country, with an 8.5% rise year-on-year.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.