ToHome Products & Services Companies
To provide a list of the top home services and home products companies (e.g. Scotts Miracle-Gro, Renewal by Andersen, Pella, Central Garden and Pet, John Deere, atc.), their estimated annual revenues and, if available, their last 12 months advertising spend.
- According to its Form 10-K filling for fiscal year 2019 ended September, the company listed the following companies as its primary competitors in the lawn and garden, pest control and indoor gardening and hydroponic markets. They are Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., Central Garden & Pet Company; Enforcer Products, Inc., Kellogg Garden Products; Oldcastle Retail, Inc., Lebanon Seaboard Corporation; Reckitt Benckiser Group plc; FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company; Nanolux Technology, Inc., Sun Gro Horticulture, Inc., Advanced Nutrients, Ltd.; and Hydrofarm, LLC.
- In the same period, its revenue was $3.156 billion while the advertising expenses were $120.3 million.
Renewal by Andersen / Andersen Corporation
- There isn't any concrete information on Renewal by Andersen's competitors. However, its parent company, Andersen Corporation is a company that has revolutionized the window and door business for more than 110 years.
- "Andersen Corporation and its subsidiaries manufacture and market window and door products under the Andersen®, Renewal by Andersen®, EMCO®, Weiland®, MQ™ and Heritage™ brands."
- According to company directories, such as Owler, Zoominfo, and DnB, the competitors to Andersen Corporation include Pella Corporation, Jeld-Wen Holding, Inc., Milgard Manufacturing, Inc; Ply Gem, Marvin, CertainTeed, Masonite, Sierra Pacific Windows, Atrium Windows & Doors, Weather Shield Manufactureing, etc.
- According to Forbes, it generated $2.5 billion in FY 2018. Media Radar provides that it spent under $100 million on advertising in digital, print, and national TV in the last year.
- According to DnB, Owler, and Zoominfo, Pella's competitors include Andersen Corporation, Atis Group, Atrium Windows and Doors, Marvin Lumber & Cedar, Jeld-Wen, Masonite, Assa Alboy, Atrium Corporation, etc.
- Its estimated revenue acccording to DnB is $1.87 billion.
- Media Radar provides that Pella spent under $100 million on advertising in digital, print, and national TV in the last year.
- According to its latest Form 10-K filling, "the competitive environment for the agriculture and turf segment includes some global competitors, including AGCO Corporation, CLAAS KGaA mbH, CNH Global N.V., Kubota Tractor Corporation, Mahindra, and The Toro Company and many regional and local competitors."
- Its revenue in FY 2019 was $39.258 billion while ads spend was $215 million.
Summary of our Findings
- During our one hour, preliminary research, the research team was able to cover and review the competitive sets for all the companies provided except Central Garden and Pet due to time constraints, as found in Form 10-Ks, company directories, and other resources.
- This appraoch yielded multiple competitors, although further research would be required to review and rank the companies as top. Furthermore, the team could provide their recent revenue and ad spend, where available, and estimates where necessary.
- For this project, we maintained a geographical focus of the US. If otherwise, indications can be made during project approval.
- Lastly, there was no market research report on the home services and home products market, either for the US or global, as it would have beem easier to synthesis and rank the top players from the competitive section of such reports. The team is raising this issue because preliminary research on these companies suggests that the eventual top players would be those with significant operations in the lawn & garden space and windows & doors space, as the competitors were drafted based on the examples provided. Hence, this may not reflect the entire industry.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.