BPO in Healthcare Research
To understand the market growth of BPO in healthcare. Additionally, and separately, to understand the position Wipro, Cognizant, Infosys, IBM, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Accenture occupies in the healthcare IT BPO market.
- We were not provided a geographic focus for this project, so we assumed a broad approach and looked globally. If a more targeted approach is desired, for example, the United States, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- For the purposes of this research, Healthcare Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) will be defined as a procedure that enriches resource allocation, boost financial performance and increase the effectiveness of healthcare providers. Healthcare BPO services allow hospitals and medical professionals to deliver quality patient care.
- According to Markets and Markets, the "healthcare BPO market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2017 to 2022 to reach $312.43 billion by 2022 from $191.68 billion in 2017. The base year considered for the study is 2016, and the forecast for the market size is provided for the period between 2017 and 2022."
- ResearchAndMarkets asserts that the healthcare BPO market is expected to register a CAGR of 8%, over the forecast period of 2020 to 2025. Factors that are responsible for the growth of the market include rapid increase in clinical process outsourcing (CPO), implementation of PPACA compelled healthcare player to move toward outsourcing, and fewer errors in several non-critical functions, like finance and accounting, and customer care services."
- This source cites Mordor Intelligence stating the exact figure as ResearchAndMarkets.
- The Global Healthcare BPO Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% during the forecast period (2020-2027), according to Datamintelligence.
- The Global Healthcare BPO Market is expected to register 12.3% CAGR to reach USD 449,623.8 Million till 2023, as per Market Research Future.
- The United States Healthcare BPO Market was valued at USD 109.84 billion in 2018, and it is expected to reach USD 174.59 million by 2024, with an anticipated CAGR of 8.11% during the forecast period, 2019-2024, according to ResearchAndMarkets.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- We provided five sources that describe the growth of the healthcare BPO market globally, and one that provided the United States growth. There are multiple paywalled sources (including the ones we provided) that tackle this. We only use publicly available sources so we are unable to access those paywalls. The links have been provided if purchasing them is desired.
- No guidance was given surrounding what is required for the companies listed Wipro, Cognizant, Infosys, IBM, TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Accenture. If research is required on these seven companies, we will need 4-5 data points to look at for each (which we made assumptions for in the scopings below). This would clearly have to be communicated to us in any reply.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.