Equestrian Competition: Market Size
To determine the market size of the Equestrian competitions and events for all kind of Equine sports including the market size breakdown for other equine disciplines including western, racing, hunter/jumper, dressage, reining, eventing, and vaulting. This information will be used for a fundraising deck.
As we dove into the background research of this topic, we reviewed several credible databases including news journals, industry reports, market databases, and others. Unfortunately, information regarding the market size of competitions and events for all kinds of Equine sports doesn't seem to be available in the public domain since the majority of the information is either paywalled or is more focused on Britain or Equestrian equipment market. A summary of our findings is provided below:
- The global market size for the equine sports industry including disciplines such as racing, hunter/jumper, dressage, reining, eventing, and vaulting is estimated to be around $300 billion with a market of $102 billion in the USA.
- There are 1,224,482 horses used for racing in the US.
- The market for racing discipline is estimated to be around $4 billion.
- Eventing has a strong base of global support with 54% of equestrian fans being interested in eventing. This discipline is having an estimated 407 million followers across 15 key territories.
- Eventing has 647 international events worldwide along with 79,200 registered horses globally.
- The top five countries organizing events in the discipline are the USA with 97, Britain with 72, followed by Austria with 75, France at 46 and Ireland with 39, indicating that most events take place in the USA and continental Europe.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.