Changing Consumer Behaviour and Technological Advances : Global Commerce Challenges
To find out quantitative evidence describing global commerce challenges retailers and financial institutions are facing in a constantly changing environment due to consumer behavior and technological advances.
Rapid Expansion of Internet
- As per the 2018 Global Digital suite of reports from We Are Social and Hootsuite, out of the total global population of 7.593 Billion, 53% i.e. 4.021 Billion were internet users.
- In terms of specific usage, 3.196 Billion i.e. 42% of the world population were active social media users, and 2.958 Billion or 39% of the population were active mobile social users.
- Globally, the number of internet users grew by 7 percent year-on-year in 2018 with Africa experiencing the fastest growth rate with the number of internet users across the continent increasing by more than 20 percent year-on-year.
- In terms of the share of web traffic by device in January 2018, Laptops and Desktops were at 43% with a negative growth rate of 3% year-on-year. Mobile phones had the largest share of 52% with a positive growth rate of 4% year-on-year and Tablet devices had a share of 4% with a significant negative growth rate of 13% year-on-year.
- Although other devices occupied a minor share of 0.14% of the overall web traffic, their year-on-year growth rate was significantly high i.e. 17%
- According to Vernon Turner, senior vice president of enterprise systems at IDC, approximately 80 billion devices will be connected to the Internet by 2025.
- The total amount of digital data created worldwide would mushroom from 4.4 zettabytes in 2013 to 44 zettabytes by 2020 to 180 zettabytes by 2025
Risks of Cyber-Threats
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.