CAREER DEVELOPMENT GRANTS IN NEW YORK
DE BLASIO ADMINISTRATION GRANTS
- The De Blasio administration aims to provide microgrants to help disadvantaged New York residents move into tech and other lucrative job sectors.
- The administration will initially provide a maximum of $300,000 funding to eligible organizations that focus on workforce development.
- The grant will also help fund research initiatives that aim to uncover innovative ways to develop and employ the underrepresented residents of the city for in-demand industries.
- The grant will be offered on top of the current investments that New York has already provided to the technology space. This helped in pulling in employers such as Amazon and Google to establish offices in the city.
THE ROBERT STERLING CLARK FOUNDATION - CORO NEW YORK LEADERSHIP CENTER
- The Robert Sterling Clark Foundation - Coro Leadership Center aims to provide funding for professional development purposes.
- The available funding amount has a total of $82,500, $75,000 for general operating expenses and $7,500 for professional development.
- The grant is exclusively for leadership development programs that can improve the leadership skills of young adults, recent college graduates, mid-career professionals, immigrants, and community leaders.