Read Amazon reviews for the titles below and look for patterns to answer the questions below. The goal is to find insights about buying motivations, expectations, and features / benefits that really matter to validate the hypothesis that founders and CEOs want to do business and market with integrity to leave a legacy for future generations. According to experience 2–4 star reviews are fertile grounds to mine for themes and insights where the author fell short in some meaningful way. The questions to be answered by looking at the book reviews are:
- What people complain about.
- What readers mention as being important.
- Why they bought the book in the first place (what problem were they trying to solve?)
- Where the author succeeded.
- Where the author fell short.
The books to start with are the following titles by Seth Godin:
- This Is Marketing.
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us.
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable.
- All Marketers are Liars.
- Unleashing the Ideavirus: Stop Marketing AT People!