PropTech Venture Capitalists
To find information on top PropTech Venture Capitalists. Information to be presented will include the portfolio companies of each identified PropTech VC and links to the jobs/careers page of all the identified PropTech VCs.
- PropTech (property technology) is "the use of information technology (IT) to help individuals and companies research, buy, sell and manage real estate. PropTech uses digital innovation to address the needs of the property industry."
- The real estate market in the United States is booming. As a result of this, the real estate tech industry in the United States is also booming.
- According to the PitchBook Platform, in 2008, "companies in the real estate tech space in the U.S. brought in a total of $41 million across just seven deals."
- In contrast, in 2018, companies in the above category raised a total of $1.3 billion across 73 deals with 4 months left in the year.
- In 2017, the total venture capital invested and deal count in the real estate tech space peaked to a total of $5.36 billion across more than 100 deals.
- In 2016, the most active PropTech VCs included 500 Startups, Thrive Capital, Frontier Digital Ventures, SV Angel, Box Group, DCM Ventures, and Accel Partners.
- Using PitchBook data, a list of the top investors in U.S.-based real estate tech companies from the beginning of 2008 were identified.
- The above list features 14 of the most active VC investors in real estate tech within the United States. These investors are: 500 Startups, Thrive Capital, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, MetaProp NYC, General Catalyst, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Navitas Capital, Resolute Ventures, and Right Side Capital Management.
- The above list was created from the number of deal counts that the above companies have in the United States real estate tech space.
- From a quick check of the companies presented above, it was determined that General Catalyst meets the research requirements. The company's portfolio can be accessed here while the company's job page can be accessed here.
- As requested, research findings will be provided on the attached spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.