Online Niche Dating Market
To obtain the number of single people globally (2017 or later), number of niche dating websites worldwide, number of people in US or globally who are seeking something deeper from online dating, the number of singles that use these apps just to mingle or for a committed relationship. Additionally, how many singles want to learn more intimacy skills, how many live or video dating events exist in the US and globally, and the market size for the following segments in relationship advice and guidance: books, coaching, psychotherapy, training online and in person, and education.
Number of Single People
Global figures were not readily available, and will require triangulation.
- In the US, according to the GSS Data Explorer, 51% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 do not have a steady romantic partner. That 2018 figure is up significantly from 33% in 2004 — the lowest figure since the question was first asked in 1986.
- The Pew Research Center found that 42% of American adults who did not live with a spouse or partner in 2017, up from 39% in 2007. It also found an increase in the share of adults under 35 who didn’t live with a spouse or partner over that period, from 56% to 61%.
- Considering that there are 76.2 million millennials between the ages of 18-34, there are 38.86 million adults between the ages of 18-34 without a steady romantic partner.
- According to the Census, in 2017, there were 110.6 million unmarried people over the age of 18 (45.2%).
Number of Dating Apps- Globally
- Globally, there are over 1,500 dating apps.
Niche Dating Apps
- Niche dating apps/sites are growing in popularity and cutting into the market size of the big players.
- Some of the niche apps are:
- Secret Benefits: Generous Men and attractive younger women.
- Our Time: 50+ dating
- Hinge: A combo of Tinder and Match
- Elite Singles: For successful singles
- Bumble: Women make the first move
- Her: Queer women only app
- Ship: Friends find dates for you
- Coffee Meets Bagel: In-depth profiles and curated matches
- Hater- matches users based on dislikes
- Zoosk- uses automated messaging to break the ice.
Online Dating Industry Market Size
- According to IBISWorld, dating services in the US were worth $3 billion in 2018. The industry was predicted to grow by 25% by the end of 2020 ($3.75 billion).
- The Harvard Business School projects the growth to be 3.5% and 2.9% in 2021 and 2022.
- Around 15% of US adults, or around 50 million Americans, say that they have or continue to use websites or mobile dating apps in their pursuit of romance.
- Globally, the online dating services market was valued at $6.4 billion and is projected to reach $9.2 billion by 2025.
- This growth is attributed to the rise in the number of people that are single around the globe, especially in North America, Europe, ans Asia-Pacific.
- An infographic for the sites with the largest market share may be viewed here.
Relationship Advice & Guidance Market Sizes
- Market sizes for books, coaching, psychotherapy, training online and in person, and education are available, but will focus on the industry as a whole. It is very unlikely that these specific numbers will be located as market research usually focuses on larger markets.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.