To understand annual mattress sales (volume and value), annual in-market audience, and sales and market share breakdown by category and type in order to understand where the client fits into the category.
- The mattress industry is a $15 billion market in the US.
- Online sales represented 5% and 10% of the sales in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
- There are 421 businesses in the market and the growth rate has been 0.3%.
- Furniture and bedding is a $111.4 billion industry in the US.
- Serta, Simmons, and Sealy are the brands with the largest market share in the industry, with Serta generating a revenue of $1.66 billion.
- US consumers are willing to purchase mattresses online, however, only 38% of the retailers offer online sales.
- "In 2013, U.S. mattress producers reportedly shipped nearly 35.9 million units and experienced wholesale revenue that reached nearly $7 billion."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.