To understand the demographics and food and beverage offerings around Aotea Square in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Aotea Square is a 4,500 metre open air space in the inner city of Auckland, New Zealand. First opened in 1979, the space underwent a 2 year redevelopment in 2010 to increase capacity to 20,000 people.
Our initial research indicates that there are no demographics relative to Aotea Square in particular but cover the City Centre (also known as the Central Business District) as a whole.
- There are roughly 56,000 people living in City Centre. The population is expected to grow by 30,000 over the next 10 years.
- The City Centre has a young population with 75% being between the ages of 15-35 and 58% between 15-29.
- Around 73% have no children in the home compared to 35% of the rest of Auckland.
- About 59% of all apartments in Auckland are located in the City Centre. There are very few single detached dwellings in the neighborhood.
- City Centre is one of the most culturally diverse neighborhoods in Auckland, representing over 180 ethnicities.
Food and Drink
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.