Homecare Health Agencies
To determine the number of home healthcare organizations in the US, identify several home healthcare organizations in New York, and determine how home healthcare organizations collect data from their patients.
Number of home healthcare agencies
- There were about 37,000 companies providing home healthcare services in the US in 2016. That number is expected to increase to 46,000 by 2021.
- Of those, there are 11,593 agencies that are recognized by Medicare.
- The home healthcare market in the US was worth $103 billion and is projected to grow at a CAGR if 5.3%, reaching $173 billion in 2026.
- Some examples of home healthcare agencies in New York include
Helping Hands Services, Greater New York Home Care, First Care of New York, Senior Home Care,
Stellar Home Care & Staffing, Quality Healthcare, Village Center For Care Chha, Visiting Nurse Service of New York, Salcare Home Health Services, and Extended Home Care.
- We have also included a link to the Medicare-certified home healthcare organizations in New York.
How Homecare agencies collect data on patients
- While information on home healthcare agencies was rather limited, we were able to provide a few details on the general healthcare industry that would help in understanding how healthcare organizations in general store information.
- According to several studies, healthcare organizations still largely use a combination of paper and electronic methods for keeping patient information.
- Most healthcare organization use an EMR system for data collection but it is widely reported that there is a lack of a standardized data-collection system.
- However, in 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services recommended that the healthcare industry should "take steps to give patients safe, secure access to, and control over, their healthcare data."
- Moreover, the numerous innovations in data collection, cloud storage, and big data for the home healthcare industry also suggest that the collection of data is still not uniform, standardized, and efficient.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.