Adapting to Online Shopping in the CPG Industry
To discover how manufacturers are adapting to the rise of e-commerce or online shopping in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
- Internet Retailer recently released a 2019 Online Consumer Packaged Goods Report; in this report, it was discovered that CPG manufacturers are now using a variety of strategies to build their e-commerce businesses, including working with online retailers.
- Also, CPG manufacturers are "selectively selling directly to consumers and collectively spending billions of dollars on strategic acquisitions of upstart brands".
- Information Resources Inc. (IRI) reports that in 2018, online CPG sales in the United States grew by 35.4%.
- According to E-Market Insights, a total of $58.6 billion was generated from online CPG sales in the United States last year. This represents 11% of the total 2018 U.S. CPG retail sales.
- In addition, this figure reported by E-Market Insights accounts for 64% of the growth in retail sales.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.