Edentulism Market Size
To determine the U.S. and global market sizes for edentulism and the available solutions for the purposes of developing a research presentation.
Preliminary research was able to find the predicted global tooth replacement market size for 2023 and use that data triangulate the 2019 market sizes both globally and for the U.S. Likewise, the global dental implants market size was available to triangulate, along with the U.S. market size. The denture market size is behind a paywall, but using the number of edentulous patients in the U.S., it may be possible to triangulate this market size after further research.
- The global tooth replacement market size is expected to reach $15 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7% between 2017 and 2023.
- Using the 7% CAGR, the 2019 and 2020 global market sizes for tooth replacement would be as follows.
- 2023: $15 billion
- 2022: $14.02 billion ($15 billion / 1.07)
- 2021: $13.10 billion ($14.02 billion / 1.07)
- 2020: $12.24 billion ($13.10 billion / 1.07)
- 2019: $11.44 billion ($12.24 billion / 1.07)
- The global tooth replacement market size is therefore currently worth about $11.44 billion.
- Assuming the U.S. market share of the global tooth replacement market is the same as the U.S. market share of the dental implants market, the U.S. tooth replacement market size would be approximately $3.09 billion ($11.44 billion x 0.27).
- The global market size for dental implants is expected to reach $5.73 billion in 2026, up from $3.87 billion in 2018. This represents a CAGR of 5.1%.
- Using the 5.1% CAGR, the 2019 and 2020 global market sizes for dental implants would be as follows.
- The global dental implants market size is therefore currently worth about $4.07 billion.
- The U.S. dental implants market size is currently valued at $1.1 billion and is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2025.
- This would mean that the U.S. market share of the global market is 27% ($1.1 billion / $4.07 billion).
- In 2010, there were 102 million denture patients in the world. This is expected to increase to 164 million by 2020, a CAGR of 4.86%.
- In 2010, there were 40 million denture patients in the U.S. This is expected to increase to 52 million by 2020, a CAGR of 2.66%.
- Approximately 15% of the edentulous population gets dentures each year, meaning of the 36 million edentulous Americans, about 5.4 million get dentures annually (36 million x 0.15).
- Bolster your final deliverable with proprietary research from Arizton Advisory and Intelligence for an additional $4,000. This research includes global market size for tooth replacement, market segmentation by product type, segmentation by geography, and analysis of various solutions (dentures, prosthetics, abutments, etc.).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.