TE Connectivity Acquisitions
To obtain details on all acquisitions made by TE Connectivity in the last 20 years to inlcude details on (1) company name
, (2) logo if available now, (3) website link if it exists now, (4) description of what they make/do
, (5) date acquired
, (6) acquisition value in dollars
, (7) sales in dollars at the time of acquisition
, (8) facility locations, and (9) Any statement by TE officials on the strategy supporting the decision at the time.
- According to Crunchbase, TE Connectivity has acquired 15 companies. Only 10 could be seen without a Crunchbase Pro membership.
- The 10 acquisitions are First Sensor, Alpha Technics, Hirschmann Car Communications GmbH, MicroGroup, Intercontec Produkt GmbH, Jaquet Technology Group, Creganna, AdvancedCath, Polamco, and American Sensor Technologies. These acquisitions date back to September 2014.
- The company has annual reports from 2007 through 2019 on their website, which can likely be used to find other acquisitions.
- Prior to March 10, 2011, TE Connectivity was known as Tyco Electronics. Tyco Electronics was part of Tyco International until June 29, 2007.
- According to the 2007 annual report, AMP Incorporated was acquired in FY 1999, the Electromechanical Components Division
of Siemens in FY 2000, and OEM Division of Thomas & Betts in FY 2000.
- The details for the acquisition of First Sensor have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
Summary of Initial Findings
- We were able to identify 10 acquisitions made by TE Connectivity between 2014 and 2020.
- We were also able to identify three acquisitions made in 1999 and 2020. However, we were not able to conduct a full examination of the 2007 annual report in order to find any acquisitions from that year.
- We also uncovered some name changes for TE which will be helpful when looking for earlier annual reports.
- Most of the time in our initial research was spent creating the spreadsheet and identifying companies that have been acquired by TE Connectivity.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.