To understand the company Keke's (https://www.kekes.com/)
- The most prominent business by the name of Keke's is Keke's Breakfast Cafe, which has recently made the news about expanding its operations. Therefore, it was assumed this was the focus of this research.
- There are 45 locations across the state of Florida at the moment.
- Keke's is open for breakfast and lunch. Their breakfast menu is offered from 7-2:30 (all opening hours) with things like waffles, pancakes, French toast and egg meals. Their lunch menu is only served from 10:30-close (2:30pm) and consists of paninis, sandwiches, burgers, wraps and salads. They do not serve "specialty" beverages, merely general offerings like coffee, tea, soft drinks, milk and juice.
- The company boasts all its meals/ingredients are handmade.
- The company has stated it will not be opening any further franchises in Orlando and is close to "closing off" the state of Florida. This implies they are focusing on out-of-state expansion at the moment.
- Franchisees will be trained and do not need previous food service experience. The company has a proprietary training program (and recipes) with ongoing support.
- It states whereas a normal restaurant has 30-35% food costs, Keke's operates at 25% food costs.
- They also state an advantage is their shorter opening hours (less time investment for franchisees) and lower competitive set.
- The franchise fee is $50,000 and estimated total startup costs are between $347-936,000. Financing is not offered directly.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.