The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
To understand which private firms The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is planning on outsourcing to, now that they are being defunded. These private firms would be handling the casework and request project bids for Home Modification Providers. An ideal response would be a list of the private firms that will be receiving government funding for these projects. Additionally, the response should also cover when the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities will cease to operate, as well as any compliance documents stating the requirements for companies that want to work with the government to receive former DDD funding.
- This is the website of The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities. "The Division of Developmental Disabilities provides public funding for services that assist New Jersey adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, age 21 and older, to live as independently as possible. Services are available in the community and in five state-run developmental centers."
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- After exhaustive and extensive research, we found nothing that even closely points to the fact that The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities is being defunded.
- Because of the above bullet point, we could obviously not determine when they are ceasing to operate, as we found nothing that even remotely points to that. In fact, on September 28th, 2018, the DDD announced a budget increase for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to take effect October 1st, 2018.
- As a result of the fact that we could find no evidence that the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities is being defunded, that further did not allow us to compile a list of private firms The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is planning on outsourcing to. However, it is highly unlikely that there would even be such a list publicly available, even if the department was, in fact, being defunded.
- We did not have any time in our initial hour of research to search for any compliance documents stating the requirements for companies that want to work with the government to receive former DDD funding, or in fact, any kind of funding. This was because we exhaustively looked for any evidence of any kind that the DDD was being defunded.
- We would be glad to revisit this entire project if we can be given any kind of private source, resource, or evidence that the DDD is in fact, being defunded. From there, we can continue to research.
- Please select the option provided in the proposed scoping section below if further research is desired
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.