New York City - In-migration
To find out how many people move to NYC each year, broken down by US migrants and overseas migrants. Specifically,
how many people move to the five counties of New York City each year from other US states and overseas but not other counties within the New York State. This will help in generating a publishable, PR headline.
NYC Inflow from Other Counties
- In this round of research, the "New York" data tab from the "In-, Out-, Net, and Gross Migration" dataset for "County-to-County Migration Flows" has been extracted in a separate file since the complete dataset was too large and complex.
- From the New York tab, data rows for all counties except Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, and Richmond County were deleted to further simply calculations.
- The remaining dataset is presented in the "New York City (5 counties)" tab of the shared Google spreadsheet.
- An analysis of this data indicates that a total of 55,958 people moved to Bronx County, New York from other US states and abroad.
- A total of 98,598 people moved to Kings County from other US states and abroad.
- 131,879 people moved to New York County from other US states and abroad.
- 87,148 people moved to Queens County from other US states and abroad.
- 11,065 people moved to Richmond County from other US states and abroad.
- Hence, 55,958+98,598+131,879+87,148+11,065 = 384,648
- 384,648 people moved to NYC from other US states and abroad.
- Research indicates that the number of people leaving New York City is also considerably high.
PROPRIETARY DATABASE SEARCH RESULTS
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.